Monday, September 10, 2012

Hit or Shit?: ELF Mist & Set Spray

I have heard the raves of beauty gurus on YouTube about how amazing Urban Decay's All Nighter spray is, however I've never bit the bullet and just bought it. I've always never had the money, or once I did, wouldn't want to spend that much on one product. With that being said, I mentioned this because I cannot compare the ELF Mist & Set to Urban's All Nighter, which a few of my friends have inquired about. What I can tell you, is coming from a standpoint of someone who,

A.) Sweats a lot.
B.) Has oily skin.
C.) Lives in Texas, heat and humidity central.


Okay, I got this at Target two days ago, and I used it last night when I went out with my friends.

I put on these products first:



Mark: Primed for Perfection
Covergirl: Clean Oil Control
Covergirl: TruBlend Minerals pressed powder in Fair
ELF: Tone Correcting Concealer in Apricot

And then, I'll usually pick a blush, highlight, and bronze. Lately I've been using Ideal Luminous Blush from Avon in E04 - Earthen Rose. My highlight is from also from Avon, but they no longer carry it. I've been on the search for a new bronzer, so if anyone has any suggestions, leave me a comment, please. :)

I put all of this on, then sprayed my face, about 3 to 4 times. First thing I noticed was it made my face really wet, and I had a mini-freak-out where I thought all of my make up would come off. It didn't. And honestly I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like how wet it makes their face, but I didn't mind. I keep a small personal fan on my vanity because I do live in Texas and it sucks to do your make up while you're sweating. Haha. So, I just flipped on my fan and positioned it straight at my face, it dried pretty quickly. If you don't have that kind of option, I read another review where the author said she used one of her flat face brushes and patted the wet areas, do not blend though, just pat.

After my face dried, I immediately noticed it had sucked all of the oil up, however it also didn't leave my face dry either. It was really smooth actually.

Next, eyes: I use Mark matte eye primer, and then the ELF liquid eye primer on top of it. Then, my eyeshadow, mascara and my brows. Then I just closed my eyes and sprayed each eye, 1- 2 times.


Make sure you close your eyes when you spray them, I know that sounds dumb, but I really did read reviews of people saying it burned their eyes when they sprayed it.



I went out with my friends to a concert, danced around for a couple hours, went out to eat, and walked around the town for a few hours, and when I got back in the car and checked myself in the mirror, my face was still smooth and perfect looking. My eyes hadn't creased, my foundation was still there, and my eyebrows still looked just as perfect as when I did them that morning. Needless to say, I love this product.

I guess a few cons would be that, like I said, a lot of people don't like the wet feeling or waiting for their face dry. I really didn't have a problem with this though. I'd say a con for me personally is the bottle size. It's decent size but I know that when I love a product, I use it all the time. I can already tell I'm going to use this one a ton. So, I'm glad I ordered some bottles off ELF and they should be coming soon along with some other products.

 Hit or Shit wise, I'd definitely say this product is a total hit. It works well and I love it. 

- Noralee




PS: Some things coming up: I have three drug store palettes I'll be reviewing, an Elf haul, and a Sephora haul!

No comments:

L'Oreal Extraordinary Oils VoxBox

At the beginning of this month I was sent the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oils voxbox from Influenster. I received: Shampoo Condition...