Friday, December 28, 2012

Beauty Guru Spotlight: guru of the year!!

It wasn't super hard for me to pick my favorite guru of the year. It's funny because the only reason I found out about her was because of a video she made about body positivity. After I watched that video, I subscribed, only to find make up tutorials and hauls and whatever in my inbox. I watched a few of her tutorials and fell in love with the genuineness in her personality.

Anyhow, I've mentioned her briefly before, so I'll just get right to it, my beauty guru for the year is:

Rachel Whitehurst.


 
This is Rachel's video on body image and her rant on the thinspo tag of Tumblr. It's the video I mentioned above that I first saw of hers. She also has a video called something like, Fuck Negativity (Advice on Life) - that is REALLY great, and of course her 3 part video series on college for people new to dorms and living on campus.

Besides these videos, she also posts really amazing covers, like she legitimately has a voice of a fucking angel. I swear to it. And, her makeup is always on point. I love her tutorials and first impressions because she is so straight up about everything. She'll tell you why she hates things, not just that she hates them, and same goes for why she loves things. I feel like she really considers all people with all different skin types when she makes tutorials, and when she's reviewing them. She's always thinks of what kind of skin type would work for a product that didn't work for her, instead of just writing it off as being a shitty product - which  is something I see a lot of beauty youtubers doing. 

Also, I have to mention: she is hilarious. so. hilarious. 

Here are all of her links & enjoy!:



Who was your favorite beauty guru this year? :)

Love, Noralee

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Noralee
I nominated you for a versatile blogger award.
Check it out here http://askthebeautyeditor.com/versatile-blogger-award/
Sarah
x

Eatlovemerry said...

Lovely blog! x

MichelleSanjaya said...

hey I nominated you for the liebster award c:

xoxo, michelle
http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Unknown said...

Haha she is really funny! Love her!

I've just came across your blog and I really like it! Love your layout. If you want to check out my blog it is http://thestellarskin.blogspot.co.uk/

New follower.

:)

xoxo

Unknown said...

Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

Also, I would love it if you checked out my latest letter here http://lettersfromtvc.blogspot.ro/2013/02/dear-keszeg-agnes.html

xoxo,
Ana V

Unknown said...

i love your blog. i am your newest follower. Please take a visit on my blog too: http://roxyru.blogspot.ro
Kisses and thanks in advance.

Unknown said...

i love your blog. i am your newest follower. Please take a visit on my blog too: http://roxyru.blogspot.ro
Kisses and thanks in advance.

L'Oreal Extraordinary Oils VoxBox

At the beginning of this month I was sent the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oils voxbox from Influenster. I received: Shampoo Condition...